Why Low AMH/High FSH May Not Be Menopause - It Could Be This Instead
Nov 06, 2023
In this episode, we dig into navigating the holiday season with low AMH/high FSH.
The fertility journey can be all-encompassing, and the holiday season can be challenging.
Visiting friends and family and seeing coworkers who ask that intrusive and annoying question, “Do you have kids yet?”
The pressure of the season may have you feeling overwhelmed or burnt out. So many of us have been on the TTC journey for years. The stress can start to sneak up on you, impacting your biochemistry.
As I’ve shared before, maybe the low AMH/high FSH is not a sign of menopause; it's that your adrenals are struggling.
So what can we do about it?
This episode is for you if:
- You’re constantly getting asked by family and friends - when will you have your baby
- Not sure what to do for 2024 to optimize your fertility
- You need an action plan so that you can tell people to mind their own business
- You wonder if low AMH/high FSH is menopause or maybe your doctor is missing an underlying healing opportunity
3:13 MANAGING THE FERTILITY JOURNEY DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON
- Triggers during family gatherings and social events
- Strategies for handling annoying questions
- Comparison is the thief of joy.
5:42 THE MENTAL & EMOTIONAL SIDE OF THE TTC JOURNEY
- My journey with donor eggs
- Maybe it’s not menopause; maybe it’s your adrenals.
8:23 INTRUSIVE QUESTIONS
- It’s good to have something prepared for when people ask a triggering question.
- Typical situations where you might be faced with intrusive questions
9:44 OPTIMIZING YOUR HEALTH
- Get honest with yourself about your stress.
- It’s essential to focus on your health during the fertility journey
- Stress impacts pregnancy, the postpartum period, and your overall wellbeing.
- Right now, you’re in an empowering position to work on your health.
- Working to identify and address your stressors
- Taking a personalized approach to optimizing your health
- We’re constantly bombarded by beautiful pictures on social media of gender reveals, baby showers, and more
14:54 A MIND-BODY-SPIRIT APPROACH
- Our coaches are trained in different modalities that we can use to help you to feel safe in your body
- Getting your body out of fight or flight mode and into the parasympathetic
- If your practitioner doesn’t specialize in fertility, they will miss things.
- It’s important to have a team around you.
20:38 CHRONIC STRESS & YOUR FERTILITY
- Chronic stress can often lead to self-sabotage and burnout
- Stress is a sneaky thing, but it’ll catch up with you.
- Give yourself grace, be kind to yourself and ask for support.
- Sometimes, taking a step back to rest is what allows you to make the giant leap forward
- We can delegate and ask for help.
26:56 BIOCHEMICAL STRESSORS
- There are over 300 contaminants in tap water
- Most people are experiencing an overburden of toxins
- If you have chronic infections, it’s critical to address them
- The connection between thyroid dysfunction, blood sugar imbalance and fertility
30:11 OPTIMIZING YOUR SLEEP & DIET
- Tips for improving your sleep quality
- Sleep trumps everything.
- The elimination diet is the gold standard for identifying food sensitivities
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Eating for your fertility does not have to suck and it is not about deprivation. It’s about eating food that tastes amazing and nourishes your body as you prepare for pregnancy success.
I’m excited to announce that our Autumn Fertility Recipe Guide is ready! I worked with a chef/nutrition background to prepare these summer recipes. In this 5-day challenge you’ll learn how food impacts your body while enjoying delicious meals - no you will not be drinking green juice and starving! Start this challenge today with your partner.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
I get this question all the time: Where should I start to optimize pregnancy success?
I developed the Fertility Preparation Bundle https://fabfertile.com/products/fertility-preparation-bundle so that you can quickly figure out how food impacts your health AND fertility (plus you'll also get three (3) of our most popular fertility supplements that will optimize egg health).
This 10-day plan is to figure out exactly how food is impacting your fertility. And no, you will not be drinking green juice and starving.
It’s GENUINELY what we recommend to our clients to help improve pregnancy success (especially if you have low AMH/high FSH).
Get started here https://fabfertile.com/products/fertility-preparation-bundle and use code LAUNCH15 to save 15%.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 407: The Ultimate Diet For Egg And Sperm Health
- Episode 389: Want to get pregnant this year?
Join my FREE Facebook group and get my training on How To Improve Pregnancy Success With Your Own Eggs.
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9