How To Know If IVF Is Your Next Step When You Have Low AMH and/or High FSH
Oct 30, 2023
We’re digging into how to know if IVF is the next step if you have low AMH/high FSH.
I know you’ve been told that IVF is the only way forward when you have low AMH and/or high FSH.
You may have been told that time is of the essence and you need to rush to IVF.
We are not anti-IVF.
We are pro-health.
You can’t skip working on health.
I know you’ve already done a lot of work on your health. Most people have already tried naturally and made some generalized diet and lifestyle recommendations before IVF.
What we see with low AMH/high FSH when a couple selects IVF (without making targeted diet/lifestyle changes) is cancelled cycles, poor response to medications, poor embryo quality, and miscarriages.
Couples share these stories with me daily.
I don’t want you to get through the emotional and financial heartache of failed IVF.
What if there was a way to know when IVF is right for you?
A way to improve your chances of it working.
This episode is for you if:
- You’ve tried diet/lifestyle changes, and you feel like IVF is the next step
- You’re not sure how to optimize successful IVF
- You feel like something is being missed, but your REI keeps telling you that you’re running out of time
- You’ve already experienced failed IVF, and they want to rush you again to another retrieval and/or transfer (sometimes with the same protocol)
- You feel hesitant to rush back in again without making targeted changes to your health
4:45 THE FAST TRACK IS WORKING ON YOUR HEALTH
- In a very short period, you can make massive changes to your reproductive health and improve your chances of having your baby.
6:10 GETTING TO THE ROOT CAUSES
- Back when I was diagnosed with POI, I would have said my health was great (in reality, it wasn’t)
- Sometimes, we may not know that seemingly unrelated health issues are related to our fertility.
- In conventional medicine, no one stops to look at the underlying causes
- Just because mentally you can still cope doesn't mean your body is coping well.
8:39 TAKING A TARGETED APPROACH
- The importance of using personalized recommendations to improve fertility outcomes
- Types of functional testing we recommend
- Building your health team
- You’re the conductor of your healing.
10:08 CLUE #1: LONG-TERM HORMONAL BIRTH CONTROL
- Many times, people are put on the pill for reasons other than birth control
- Some people experience adverse side effects and don’t recognize that the pill is the cause
11:28 CLUE #2: UNMANAGED AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE
- For several people chasing symptoms and struggling to conceive, there can be an undetected autoimmune disease
- If you have celiac disease, it’s about more than gluten. There are a lot of cross-reactors.
- There can be underlying inflammation in the body even when there hasn’t been a flare-up
13:18 CLUE #3: FOOD SENSITIVITIES
- It's figuring out the foods that are triggering inflammation and taking them out for a short time
- You heal the gut, and then you bring most of the foods back in
- If you know there's an issue with a type of food, just stop eating it.
14:31 CLUE #4: GUT INFECTIONS
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 411: Why The Health of Your Gut Impacts Ovarian Function
- The best diet in the world won’t help as it should if you don’t address an underlying gut infection
- Different types of gut infections
- Your gut health is directly related to your ovary health.
15:48 CLUE #5: THYROID DYSFUNCTION
- Get Pregnant Naturally
- Episode 345: Why Improving Thyroid Function Is Essential When You Are TTC
- Episode 421: Why Adrenal Insufficiency Can Be A Factor with Low AMH and High FSH
- We always see something going on with the thyroid with low AMH and/or high FSH, diminished ovarian reserve and premature ovarian insufficiency
- Even if you've been told your TSH is normal, you need a full thyroid panel.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your free Thyroid Guide
- Thyroid issues are highly correlated with pregnancy loss.
20:25 CLUE #6: CHRONIC STRESS
- I know you’re getting stuff done, but how is that affecting your biochemistry?
- We put a lot of pressure on ourselves.
- Functional testing can clue us into chronic stress issues
- How our fertility mindset coaches help our clients work through chronic stress
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 380: HeartMath: A Simple Technique for Managing Stress When TTC
- It’s essential to have someone support you both on the mindset and biochemical sides of things.
23:01 CLUE #7: ENVIRONMENTAL TOXIN OVERLOAD
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 420: How To Reduce The Risk of Miscarriage and Enhance Fertility By Eliminating Toxins with Rachel Varga
- How to switch to non-toxic substitutes without feeling overwhelmed
- The massive impact of pesticide residue on the foods we eat
25:24 CLUE #8: OVEREXERCISING & UNDEREATING
- How cortisol testing can offer essential insights
26:24 CLUE #9: BREAST IMPLANT ILLNESS
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 207: Breast Implant Illness and Why This Matters if You are TTC
- Breast implants can be a factor in the struggle to conceive
27:55 CLUE #10: BLOOD SUGAR DYSREGULATION
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 409: What Mood Swings, Sugar Cravings, Poor Sleep and Feeling Hangry Has To Do With Your Fertility
- If you're on a blood sugar rollercoaster, it's impacting your sex hormones.
29:02 CLUE #11: POOR SLEEP
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 404: Proven Sleep Hacks That Optimize Reproductive Health and Banish Poor Sleep For Good
- Many people are relying on sleep aids and struggling to get restful sleep
30:00 CLUE #12: DIGESTIVE ISSUES
- It’s normal to eliminate one to three times per day.
- Digestive issues can cause you not to absorb all the nutrients in your food
30:36 THERE’S NO DOWNSIDE TO FOCUSING ON YOUR HEALTH
33:26 CASE STUDIES OF IMPROVING EGG QUALITY
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Eating for your fertility does not have to suck and it is not about deprivation. It’s about eating food that tastes amazing and nourishes your body as you prepare for pregnancy success.
I’m excited to announce that our Autumn Fertility Recipe Guide is ready! I worked with a chef/nutrition background to prepare these summer recipes. In this 5-day challenge you’ll learn how food impacts your body while enjoying delicious meals - no you will not be drinking green juice and starving! Start this challenge today with your partner.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
I get this question all the time: Where should I start to optimize pregnancy success?
I developed the Fertility Preparation Bundle https://fabfertile.com/products/fertility-preparation-bundle so that you can quickly figure out how food impacts your health AND fertility (plus you'll also get three (3) of our most popular fertility supplements that will optimize egg health).
This 10-day plan is to figure out exactly how food is impacting your fertility. And no, you will not be drinking green juice and starving.
It’s GENUINELY what we recommend to our clients to help improve pregnancy success (especially if you have low AMH/high FSH).
Get started here https://fabfertile.com/products/fertility-preparation-bundle and use code LAUNCH15 to save 15%.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 407: The Ultimate Diet For Egg And Sperm Health
- Episode 389: Want to get pregnant this year?
Join my FREE Facebook group and get my training on How To Improve Pregnancy Success With Your Own Eggs.
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9