Why Your Gut Microbiome Matters for Low AMH and High FSH
Nov 13, 2023
We’re digging into stool testing and what it means for fertility and low AMH/high FSH.
When you are dealing with low AMH and or high FSH, the last place your REI will look is the health of your gut.
The health of your gut is directly tied to the health of your ovaries.
And if you have an infection, no amount of clean eating will matter.
The infection needs to be addressed.
It may be tempting to use an anti-parasitic or anti-fungal to address an infection, but that will wipe out all the good and bad bacteria, making a longer road to repairing the gut.
We are not against medication (sometimes it is needed); however, a targeted supplement protocol will address the infections while maintaining the health of the gut.
So, how do we identify and address the infection to improve pregnancy success?
In this episode, you'll learn:
- The conventional medicine approach to gut infections and what is regularly missed (plus, we discuss our favourite stool test in detail)
- Top infections we see with low AMH and/or high FSH
- How to know if you have a leaky gut and why this matters for fertility
- Why DIY wastes time with addressing infections and how to fast-track pregnancy success
3:27 WELCOME KATY
5:49 WHY WE DO STOOL TESTING
- The gut is the centre of our health.
- The connection between gastrointestinal issues and reproductive health
- When it comes to fertility, inflammation is not good news
- Limitations of conventional stool tests
- Gut health is highly correlated with ovarian health.
9:30 CHRONIC INFECTIONS
- There’s a hierarchy to how we address chronic infections.
- What you might be getting wrong with an anti-Candida diet
- The importance of addressing infections before attempting to eliminate Candida
11:07 HOW THE GI-MAP TEST FITS INTO THE BIGGER PICTURE
- What’s involved in our comprehensive and personalized Fab Fertile approach
12:22 H. PYLORI INFECTIONS
- The prevalence of H. pylori and the potential impact on digestion and nutrient absorption
- How H. pylori can be spread
14:51 COMMENSAL BACTERIA
- We want the large intestines to be populated with an abundance of microbes.
- Commensal bacteria have an essential job to do.
- When commensal bacteria is depleted, it can make space for opportunistic bacteria
- How we treat gut imbalances and infections
- Why we don’t address SIBO directly, but rather the root causes
- Symptoms of SIBO
18:42 OPPORTUNISTIC BACTERIA
- These are not pathogens but can cause symptoms if their numbers are too high
- Symptoms of excess opportunistic bacteria
21:18 PARASITES & GUT HEALTH
- Modern living has made us less tolerant to parasites.
- Different types of parasites and their symptoms
- The functional medicine approach to treating parasites
28:15 EPSTEIN-BARR VIRUS
- This is relatively common and can be deactivated or reactivated
- How Epstein-Barr connects to low energy and hormone imbalances
- We typically use a nutritive approach to support the immune system
- Autoimmune conditions associated with Epstein-Barr
30:20 YEAST & FUNGAL OVERGROWTH
- With fungal infections, we first need to address gut dysbiosis
31:35 GUT HEALTH MARKERS
- How gut markers can give us insights into our overall health
- What low elastase levels suggest and the connection to stress
- You might be eating a great diet, but it doesn't help if you’re not absorbing it
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 394:
- Why Vitamin D Deficiency Can Negatively Impact Egg Health and Sperm Health
- What β-Glucuronidase tells us about metabolic function
- Elevated beta-glucuronidase can be a sign of estrogen imbalances.
- Markers that can signal issues with intestinal permeability
- With low AMH/high FSH, we see a theme of non-celiac gluten sensitivity
- Any kind of inflammatory response is an immune response.
- We need to be working with the immune system in any kind of fertility support.
- Secretory IgA is almost the first line of defence for your body's innate immune system
- What elevated zonulin levels indicate
- Why elevated calprotectin levels can indicate localized inflammation in the gut
43:51 THE FAB FERTILE APPROACH
- Why a target approach with personalized protocols makes a massive difference
- Addressing the mental and emotional aspects
49:20 FINAL THOUGHTS
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Eating for your fertility does not have to suck and it is not about deprivation. It’s about eating food that tastes amazing and nourishes your body as you prepare for pregnancy success.
I’m excited to announce that our Autumn Fertility Recipe Guide is ready! I worked with a chef/nutrition background to prepare these summer recipes. In this 5-day challenge you’ll learn how food impacts your body while enjoying delicious meals - no you will not be drinking green juice and starving! Start this challenge today with your partner.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
I get this question all the time: Where should I start to optimize pregnancy success?
I developed the Fertility Preparation Bundle https://fabfertile.com/products/fertility-preparation-bundle so that you can quickly figure out how food impacts your health AND fertility (plus you'll also get three (3) of our most popular fertility supplements that will optimize egg health).
This 10-day plan is to figure out exactly how food is impacting your fertility. And no, you will not be drinking green juice and starving.
It’s GENUINELY what we recommend to our clients to help improve pregnancy success (especially if you have low AMH/high FSH).
Get started here https://fabfertile.com/products/fertility-preparation-bundle and use code LAUNCH15 to save 15%.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 407: The Ultimate Diet For Egg And Sperm Health
- Episode 389: Want to get pregnant this year?
Join my FREE Facebook group and get my training on How To Improve Pregnancy Success With Your Own Eggs.
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9