Biggest Diet Mistakes with Low AMH or High FSH and How To Improve Pregnancy Success
Oct 16, 2023
We’re digging into common mistakes we make with diet for low AMH/high FSH.
It can be confusing to know where to start to improve your diet when you have low AMH and/or high FSH.
I know you’ve probably asked your OB/GYN or REI about the importance of diet, and they may have told you that diet might help, but it’s not an essential part of the equation.
This may have you second-guessing what approach to take.
I don’t want you to waste time making the wrong changes or give up on diet changes because you’re unsure if it’s even worth the effort.
I’m breaking down the top 3 mistakes we see when someone makes diet changes and what you can do right now to improve pregnancy success.
This episode is for you if:
- You’ve tried diet changes, and nothing has worked
- You’re not sure what to do to optimize your fertility
- You feel like IVF may be your next step, but you really want to get pregnant naturally
In this episode, you'll learn:
- What health symptoms to look out for when you have low AMH/high FSH - hint: it’s not about focusing on your AMH/FSH numbers
- What to do if you're already gluten-free but it's still not working
- How to know what is being missed and what is a diet plan that can help improve pregnancy success
3:34 WHY WE’RE TALKING ABOUT DIET MISTAKES
4:38 MISTAKE #1: “I’M ALREADY EATING CLEAN!”
- Sometimes, we give up before we strike gold.
- With low AMH and high FSH, we see a theme of non-celiac gluten sensitivity
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 81: How And Why To Do An Elimination Diet
- Symptoms that may indicate you have a food sensitivity
- Doing an elimination diet alongside testing will help you identify which foods are causing you issues
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 390: Why Addressing These Little Glands Matters for Egg Health and Even POI
- Leaving these unaddressed can impact your adrenals, thyroid, and, ultimately, your egg quality
- Just because you’re a Type A, action-oriented person doesn’t mean that your body’s coping well
- The skin is a direct reflection of the health of the gut.
- Autoimmune disease is widespread among individuals with fertility issues
- Success Story: Getting pregnant naturally after dealing with multiple fertility issues and being labelled a poor responder
- How the type of testing we use differs from the typical panels run by fertility clinics
- A lot of times, we just supplement with melatonin, but we have to explore why it’s low to begin with
- How targeted diet and lifestyle changes can positively impact the body
- Most of the time, with low AMH/high FSH, there’s something going on with the thyroid
- Is it early menopause, or is it your adrenals?
19:24 MISTAKE #2: FOLLOWING GENERALIZED RECOMMENDATIONS
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 152: How to Know What is Right for YOU After Reading: It Starts With The Egg
- Not every healthy food will be good for you.
- The danger with self-diagnosing
22:54 MISTAKE #3: NOT INCLUDING YOUR PARTNER
- Most of the time, the partners are open-minded.
- It’s not your job to coach your partner.
- Potential challenges that may arise if your partner feels excluded or overwhelmed
- The massive strain that fertility challenges can bring to a relationship
- You must address the mental and emotional aspects on the fertility journey.
- Do the work to meet the miracle partway.
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 341: Why A Healthy Vaginal Microbiome Matters When You Are TTC
- The fast track is working on your health.
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Eating for your fertility does not have to suck and it is not about deprivation. It’s about eating food that tastes amazing and nourishes your body as you prepare for pregnancy success.
I’m excited to announce that our Autumn Fertility Recipe Guide is ready! I worked with a chef/nutrition background to prepare these summer recipes. In this 5-day challenge you’ll learn how food impacts your body while enjoying delicious meals - no you will not be drinking green juice and starving! Start this challenge today with your partner.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
I get this question all the time: Where should I start to optimize pregnancy success?
I developed the Fertility Preparation Bundle https://fabfertile.com/products/fertility-preparation-bundle so that you can quickly figure out how food impacts your health AND fertility (plus you'll also get three (3) of our most popular fertility supplements that will optimize egg health).
This 10-day plan is to figure out exactly how food is impacting your fertility. And no, you will not be drinking green juice and starving.
It’s GENUINELY what we recommend to our clients to help improve pregnancy success (especially if you have low AMH/high FSH).
Get started here https://fabfertile.com/products/fertility-preparation-bundle and use code LAUNCH15 to save 15%.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 407: The Ultimate Diet For Egg And Sperm Health
- Episode 389: Want to get pregnant this year?
Join my FREE Facebook group and get my training on How To Improve Pregnancy Success With Your Own Eggs.
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9