How This At-Home Practice Can Help With Fertility and Vaginal Health with Luna Hart
Jan 29, 2024
We’re digging into yoni steaming and how this can help on your TTC journey.
Vaginal steams, also known as V-steams or yoni steams, can be an essential part of your fertility toolkit.
This technique can help with irregular cycles and painful periods.
Plus, it can be helpful for painful intercourse and increasing libido.
Let’s break down the steps you need to know to prepare the best vaginal steam so you can improve pregnancy success.
I’m excited to welcome Luna Hart to the podcast. Luna Hart is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner, Certified Fertility Awareness Practitioner, and a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- When in your menstrual cycle to steam (we discuss contraindications for steaming)
- Why yoni steaming is good for fertility
- How to prepare your yoni steam (i.e. types of herbs, water temperature, position to sit, duration of steaming)
3:06 WELCOME LUNA HART
3:55 HOW YONI STEAMING HELPED LUNA RESTORE HER MENSTRUAL CYCLE
- I wanted to menstruate; I didn't want something to be creating my cycles for me.
- The positive shift Luna noticed after starting yoni steaming
- Yoni steaming was a huge catalyst for bringing circulation and energy back into my womb.
8:50 HISTORICAL & CULTURAL CONTEXT OF YONI STEAMING
- Why Luna prefers to use the term "yoni"
- Many ancient cultures have practices of yoni steaming and have found it beneficial for many different things.
- What’s involved in practicing yoni steaming
12:10 HOW TO PERFORM YONI STEAMING AT HOME
- It’s essential to use non-toxic ingredients and tools for your yoni steaming practice
- Selecting the herbs and preparing them before your steaming
- Setting your intentions, preparing the space, and tuning into your body
- You should sit upon the steam, and it should feel highly relaxing.
- Tracking your cycle alongside your yoni steaming practice
18:42 YONI STEAMING & FERTILITY
- How the frequency of yoni steaming should change at different stages of your fertility journey
- Essential precautions to note when you’re actively trying to conceive and during pregnancy
- Yoni steaming can help the tissues repair in the postpartum period.
26:20 YONI STEAMING CONTRAINDICATIONS
- Contraindications for yoni steaming include menstruation, pregnancy, and certain medical conditions
28:38 HERBS FOR YONI STEAMING
- Tap into your intuition.
- Luna’s favourite herbs for supporting fertility
- Yoni steaming is very supportive of releasing stagnation
- Yoni steaming is a beautiful practice for slowing down and coming back in tune with the womb space.
32:41 SELF-CARE DURING YONI STEAMING
- It feels like such a deep sense of self-care when you do something like yoni steaming.
- We hold so much deep in the womb space.
- I believe in creating these spaces of intention that you're trying to invoke on this healing within your womb space.
35:41 YONI STEAMING GUIDE
- Download your free yoni steam guide - https://wo786.infusionsoft.app/app/form/yonisteam?cookieSearchStarted=true&cookieUUID=125a7557-539e-4d60-9f55-d4a634c5b068
- What you’ll learn in Luna’s yoni steaming guide
- How a yoni steaming practitioner can help you on your journey
38:30 FINAL THOUGHTS
- Sometimes, you just had no idea that sitting over some steamed herbs would make such a difference.
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Top Fertility Supplements You Need To Get Pregnant This Year - Access your free guide at www.suppguideffl.com
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 407: The Ultimate Diet For Egg And Sperm Health
- Episode 389: Want to get pregnant this year?
I get this question all the time: Where should I start to optimize pregnancy success?
I developed the Fertility Preparation Bundle https://fabfertile.com/products/fertility-preparation-bundle so that you can quickly figure out how food impacts your health AND fertility (plus you'll also get three (3) of our most popular fertility supplements that will optimize egg health).
This 10-day plan is to figure out exactly how food is impacting your fertility. And no, you will not be drinking green juice and starving.
It’s GENUINELY what we recommend to our clients to help improve pregnancy success (especially if you have low AMH/high FSH).
Get started here https://fabfertile.com/products/fertility-preparation-bundle and use code LAUNCH15 to save 15% (US residents only).
Eating for your fertility does not have to suck and it is not about deprivation. It’s about eating food that tastes amazing and nourishes your body as you prepare for pregnancy success.
I’m excited to announce that our Winter Fertility Recipe Guide is ready! I worked with a chef/nutrition background to prepare these summer recipes. In this 5-day challenge you’ll learn how food impacts your body while enjoying delicious meals - no you will not be drinking green juice and starving! Start this challenge today with your partner.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
Join my FREE Facebook group and get my training on How To Improve Pregnancy Success With Your Own Eggs.
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9