How To Address Men's Reproductive Health (It’s a myth sperm doesn't decline with age!)
May 08, 2023
We’re digging into male factor fertility diagnosis and how to optimize pregnancy success.
Although we specialize in complex cases such as low AMH, high FSH, diminished ovarian reserve and premature ovarian insufficiency, many couples are coming to us with both female and male factor infertility.
The Fab Fertile Method effectively addresses both male and female fertility conditions.
That is why we coach couples. It is not only about getting the female healthy for pregnancy – we must include the male partner to increase the chances of getting pregnant naturally.
So whether there is poor semen count, low motility, DNA fragmentation or low morphology, there are always specific tips to improve male fertility.
Remember, it is a myth that sperm does not decline with age.
In this episode, you'll learn about:
- Functional reference ranges for the semen analysis to identify healing opportunities to achieve optimal fertility. We discuss count, motility, morphology, DNA fragmentation and more. (i.e. rushing to IVF is not the answer - in 70-80 days with targeted diet/lifestyle changes, we can see an enormous improvement in semen quality)
- Diet/lifestyle and the impact on male fertility (i.e. the final word on alcohol)
- Themes we see with male factor fertility
- Environmental toxins and how to reduce exposure to improve male fertility
- Supplement recommendations to optimize male fertility - Fab For Life Natural Fertility Collection https://fabfertile.com/collections/supplements
3:28 WELCOME KATY BRADBURY
4:21 WHY WE’RE TALKING ABOUT MALE-FACTOR INFERTILITY
- We can see massive improvements in sperm quality in a short period.
6:09 FUNCTIONAL REFERENCE RANGES
- You must look at your test results
- Typical Western ranges vs. optimal ranges
- Sperm quality factors: count, motility, morphology, and volume
Western Lab Range
> 1.5 ml
2.5 - 5 ml
> 20 million
60 - 70 million
- Questions to ask if your results are outside of the optimal ranges
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 210: How To Improve Declining Sperm Counts And Egg Quality
- Average sperm quality has declined significantly in recent decades.
11:14 DNA FRAGMENTATION
- Morphology is often brushed under the carpet.
- Poor morphology is often associated with DNA fragmentation
- Reasons why you might want to consider a DNA fragmentation test
- How DNA fragmentation impacts your fertility and chances of IVF success
15:38 MEDICATION & SPERM QUALITY
- Side effects can negatively affect your fertility
- There’s an epidemic of young men with low testosterone levels
- Men need testosterone to produce sperm.
- How to naturally improve testosterone levels
- Stress is a massive driver of poor sperm quality.
- Sleep is the prime time for testosterone production.
21:21 MYTH: SPERM DOESN’T DECLINE WITH AGE
- Sperm quality decreases with age
- We need to aim for optimal health to build a strong foundation for fertility
27:25 COMMON THEMES WE SEE WITH OUR CLIENTS
- Tuning in your diet and lifestyle is essential
30:02 PATIENCE & OPTIMIZING SPERM HEALTH
- The 72-day sperm cycle
- Essential nutrients for sperm health
- Get Pregnant Naturally
- Learn more about CoQ10 - Episode 392: How to Improve Egg Quality, Sperm Quality and Pregnancy Rates
- Learn more about Vitamin D - Episode 394: Why This Deficiency Can Negatively Impact Egg Health and Sperm Health
- What you need to know about amino acid supplementation
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 113: The Truth About Alcohol And Your Fertility
- The link between alcohol consumption and reduced sperm quality
- Do not coach your partner.
- Lifestyle factors that can affect semen
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 369: Why Protecting Yourself From EMFs Matters When TTC
- Mental and emotional aspects of the fertility journey
40:01 SEX WHEN TTC
- There’s no evidence to suggest certain positions are better for fertility
- Things to consider around the frequency of ejaculation
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Eating for your fertility does not have to suck and it is not about deprivation. It’s about eating food that tastes amazing and nourishes your body as you prepare for pregnancy success.
I’m excited to announce that our Spring Fertility Recipe Guide is ready! I worked with a chef/nutrition background to prepare these summer recipes. In this 5-day challenge you’ll learn how food impacts your body while enjoying delicious meals - no you will not be drinking green juice and starving! Start this challenge today with your partner.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
Legacy, the digital fertility clinic for men, allows you to test your sperm from home.
Our favourite is the Test For Today - Semen Analysis
Get 15% off your fertility analysis using my code, FabFertile15 at checkout.
*You may be able to use your Health Spending Account or insurance.*
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 364: Why This Is My Top Suggestion For Anyone On The Fertility Journey
- Episode 389: Want to get pregnant this year?
Join my FREE Facebook group and get my training on How To Improve Pregnancy Success With Your Own Eggs.
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9