How To Cope During The Holidays When You Are On The Fertility Journey
Dec 09, 2019
I am excited to welcome Amira Posner back to the podcast!
We’re digging into holiday triggers and how to cope.
Amira Posner is Healing Infertility’s lead counselor. Amira is a professional therapist with Bachelor and Masters Degrees in Social Work from the University of Manitoba. She also has formal training in hypnotherapy, Reiki and the relaxation response.
Amira and I work very closely together! We co-facilitate the online Mindfulness Fertility Series together. This is a 6 week online program that helps embrace your fertility journey with proven relaxation techniques and stress management strategies that help you regain control and cope with infertility in a much more positive way! Next class begins is January 30, 2020. Join the waitlist here. Space is very limited.
It’s that time of year again…the holiday season.
And while you may be excited about celebrating with friends and family, you may also be feeling sad that you are still waiting to have your baby.
The pain of infertility can bring sadness year round and this pain can especially intensify during the holiday season.
When you navigate the season in a way that feels authentic and right for you…it can bring some degree of control and ease, rather than feeling triggered and angry at every well meaning (well most of them!) comment.
In this episode you'll learn:
1) How to handle party invitations without getting stuck in situations that leave you feeling drained or triggered.
2) What to do about family and friends events and how to prioritize your needs instead of the needs of others.
3) Be prepared for the question “when are you having kids” and how to respond rather than react.
4) How to create traditions with your partner that can shift your perspective and bring back joy to the season.
Resources from this episode:
Need mindset support for 2020? Class begins January 30th, 2020. Hop on the waitlist for our Mindfulness Fertility Series.
Book your free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call. We’ll come up with a simple plan to help you move forward…towards your dream of having your baby. Don't forget to check out my Resources page for more information and products that will help you on your fertility journey.
- functional medicine and hormones,
- functional medicine approach to infertility,
- functional medicine fertility,
- functional medicine for pregnancy,
- functional nutrition and fertility,
- functional nutrition fertility,
- functional testing fertility,
- how to cope with infertility during the holidays,
- infertility over holidays,
- tips to cope with infertility during the holidays