How To Know If Burnout Is Impacting Your Ability To Get Pregnant with Dr. Rajka Milanovic Galbraith
Dec 12, 2022
We’re digging into identifying and recovering from burnout when you are on the fertility journey.
Chronic stress and burnout can sneak up on us, especially when we are in the middle of a struggle.
The fertility journey can impact our lives, including social interactions, relationships, careers, joy and intimacy.
You may be feeling overwhelmed with all the expectations and obligations.
When women were asked, “What is burnout?” as research for the book, Burnout by Emily Nagoski and Amelia Nagoski, not one person said, “I don’t know what that is!” Everyone said, “Burnout, yes, I’ve experienced that before.”
You may struggle with constant sickness (i.e. colds and flu), irregular menstrual cycles, insomnia, headaches and more.
Because when you are chronically stressed, your digestion slows, your immune function shifts, and ultimately your reproductive health suffers.
So how do we identify and recover from burnout to prepare for pregnancy success?
Today I’m welcoming Dr. Rajka Milanovic Galbraith back to the podcast. Dr. Rajka has successfully led families to optimal health for over two decades as a board-certified Family Medicine doctor. She is now exclusively a leading Functional Medicine Consultant certified by the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM).
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The themes we see with women who have burnout and are TTC
- How burnout impacts our reproductive health
- How to regulate your thoughts, behaviours and daily actions
- Diet, lifestyle and supplement recommendations to reverse burnout
03:41 WELCOME DR. RAJKA MILANOVIC GALBRAITH
04:59 INTRODUCING TODAY’S TOPIC
05:53 WHAT IS BURNOUT?
- Physical, mental, and emotional burnout
- Burnout manifests in several different ways
- Pushing yourself to the limit should be the exception, not the norm.
09:15 COMMON THEMES AROUND BURNOUT
- Wide-ranging symptoms of burnout
- The first step is acknowledging it’s happening; then you need to explore the root cause
11:42 BALANCING A BUSY JOB & GOOD HEALTH
- What Dr. Rajka learned from Brendon Burchard about being a healthy high-performer
- How Dr. Rajka helps people to get above-average results without compromising their health
- It’s essential to be aware of the opportunity cost of your decisions
- Make the decision to live stress-free despite the stress.
14:46 DR. RAJKA’S STRATEGY
- Make the decision; live in gratitude; visualize the life you want.
20:33 TIPS FOR DEALING WITH ACUTE STRESSORS
- Retraining of the limbic system
25:37 DIET RECOMMENDATIONS FOR BURNOUT
- The benefits of an anti-inflammatory diet
- Dr. Rajka customizes a dietary plan for each person
- The role of genetics in burnout
28:52 LIFESTYLE STRATEGIES FOR BURNOUT
- Many people are overexercising
- To be more productive, you need to schedule time off.
- Schedule downtime and self-care.
37:36 TAKING CONTROL OF YOUR TO-DO LIST
40:28 DR. RAJKA’S CURRENT OBSESSIONS
- The T.A.S.K. method to an abundant diet
- FREE Gift from Dr. Rajka: 10 Days to Infinite Energy e-Book
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Connect with Dr. Rajka Milanovic Galbraith
- Website: DrRajka.com
- FREE Gift from Dr. Rajka: 10 Days to Infinite Energy e-Book
- Instagram: @DrRajka
Mentioned in this episode
- Emily Nagoski & Amelia Nagoski’s Book | Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle
- Andrew Kap’s Book | The Last Law of Attraction Book You'll Ever Need To Read: The Missing Key To Finally Tapping Into The Universe And Manifesting Your Desires
- Dan Sullivan’s Book | The Gap and The Gain: The High Achievers' Guide to Happiness, Confidence, and Success
- Greg McKeown’s Book | Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less
How To Improve Your Chances Of Pregnancy Success If You Have Low AMH/High FSH Masterclass - https://www.gpnmasterclass.com/
Prior to working with us, most couples have already been through IVF and failed cycles, been labeled a poor responder, and told they had better rush to another IVF or that donor eggs are their only hope.
I don’t want you to waste money on IVF without looking at the missed healing opportunities as to WHY it’s not working in the first place.
We’ve helped couples get pregnant naturally or improve pregnancy success when they’ve been told donor eggs are their only option. We’ve helped women get pregnant naturally with AMH as low as 0.04 and FSH in the 100s.
Learn how our proven Fab Fertile Method can help improve pregnancy success for YOU.
I’m excited to invite you to a special masterclass - where you’ll learn How To Improve Your Chances Of Pregnancy Success If You Have Low AMH/High FSH.
Register your spot here: www.gpnmasterclass.com
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 346: How To Know If IVF Is Your Next Best Step
- Episode 375: Stop Making These Common Mistakes and Get Your 2023 Action Plan
- Episode 57: What MTHFR Means for Fertility with Dr. Rajka Milanovich
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Leela Quantum Tech
Shield yourself from EMF nasties with Leela Quantum Tech!
LeelaQ Tech is leading the way in natural health innovation, combining science and quantum energy healing into an elegant and simple-to-use collection of products optimized for everyday use.
My favourite is their Leela Quantum H.E.A.L. Energy Capsule: https://leelaq.com/product/leela-quantum-h-e-a-l-capsule/
Learn more at https://leelaq.com/
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9