How To Stop Stressing So You Can Get Pregnant This Year
Apr 24, 2023
We’re digging into bodywork and why this matters when you are TTC.
I know you may feel panicked about getting pregnant and having your baby.
After all, the fertility industry pushes us towards aggressive IVFs, treatment after treatment, without considering the couple's health.
At Fab Fertile, we are not anti-IVF.
But moving towards another IVF or even selecting IVF in the first place without working on your health can backfire.
We see many couples that have experienced multiple failed IVFs and are still told to keep going with another retrieval or transfer.
But that thinking would be wrong.
Because when we’re in fight or flight mode, the body wants to survive, not procreate.
When I speak with couples that are TTC, I can see the panic, worry and overwhelm in their eyes. They tell me they feel powerless and hopeless. And the uncertainty can cause so much stress.
I know firsthand how this feels.
Taking control of your health puts you in the driver’s seat. You reduce the uncertainty and help to visualize a path forward.
So how do we show our body that it’s safe to procreate?
Today I’m excited to welcome Dr. Elliot Berlin. Dr. Elliot is an award-winning prenatal chiropractor, childbirth educator, labour support bodyworker, and co-founder of Berlin Wellness Group in Los Angeles, California.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Which types of bodywork can help to increase blood flow to the reproductive organs
- How to balance the autonomic nervous system so the body knows it is safe to procreate
- Why panic and impatience with getting pregnant can hold you back and how to switch your mindset right now to visualize pregnancy success
3:45 WELCOME DR. ELLIOT BERLIN
4:34 DR. BERLIN’S HOLISTIC HEALTHCARE JOURNEY
- How Dr. Berlin discovered the power of chiropractic and massage
- People think about chiropractic and massage for achiness, pain and stiffness, but there's much more to it.
- Dr. Berlin’s personal experience with fertility struggles
- We always had an eye on how you can naturally boost your fertility.
10:17 A HOLISTIC APPROACH TO FERTILITY
- You know your body best.
- Unlike allopathic medicine, holistic healthcare is about a whole-body approach.
- Why it's essential to have a holistic approach
- “Holistic” is completely opposite to what allopathic medicine has become.
- The voluntary nervous system versus the autonomic nervous system
- How switching into fight or flight mode impacts your fertility
- Many things that naturally decrease fertility can be reversed by signalling your nervous system that you're not in danger.
- Symptoms that your body might be more on the side of fight or flight than it should be
21:46 HOW STRESS IMPACTS THE NERVOUS SYSTEM
- When your body is in survival mode, your reproductive health is deprioritized.
- The stress of the TTC journey itself can push the sympathetic nervous system
- There are no negative side effects of working on your health
25:08 WHAT TO DO ABOUT OVERWHELM/BURNOUT
- Common signs that your nervous system might be operating in fight or flight mode more than it should be
- If you notice negative symptoms, it's probably having similarly adverse effects on your digestive and reproductive system
- Why Dr. Berlin believes in working on the body and the mind
27:08 THE MIND-BODY CONNECTION
- The benefits of EMDR and somatic experiencing
- How bodywork can help to release stored trauma in your body
- Emotional release associated with bodywork
- How bodywork can help with your fertility
36:52 THE BENEFITS OF MASSAGE & CHIROPRACTIC THERAPY
- What you need to know about different massage modalities, including deep tissue, reflexology, lymphatic, and cranial sacral therapy
- Energetic and structural benefits of different types of massage
- Why craniosacral therapy is so restorative
- How chiropractic care works
- Chiropractic care can help by restoring motion between restricted joints and improving nerve function
- How Dr. Berlin uses massage and chiropractic as diagnostic and therapeutic tools
47:45 DR. BERLIN’S CURRENT OBSESSION
50:45 DR. BERLIN’S INFORMED PREGNANCY
- Dr. Berlin’s Informed Pregnancy® Project
- Dr. Berlin’s Informed Pregnancy® Podcast
- Informed Pregnancy+
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Connect with Dr. Elliot Berlin
Eating for your fertility does not have to suck and it is not about deprivation. It’s about eating food that tastes amazing and nourishes your body as you prepare for pregnancy success.
I’m excited to announce that our Spring Fertility Recipe Guide is ready! I worked with a chef/nutrition background to prepare these summer recipes. In this 5-day challenge you’ll learn how food impacts your body while enjoying delicious meals - no you will not be drinking green juice and starving! Start this challenge today with your partner.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
I'm excited to introduce you to the Inito fertility monitor, an easy, at-home fertility tracker that gives accurate results, while cutting down on your time and expenses.
Inito not only tells you when you're the most fertile by measuring estrogen and LH but also confirms if you’ve actually ovulated by measuring progesterone.
If you’re ready to start tracking your fertility easily at home, go to Inito.com and use code FABFERTILE15 to save 15% on your fertility tracker.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 364: Why This Is My TOP Suggestion For Anyone On The Fertility Journey
- Episode 389: Want to get pregnant this year?
Join my FREE Facebook group and get my training on How To Improve Pregnancy Success With Your Own Eggs.
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9