Would quitting your job help you to get pregnant faster?
Nov 21, 2022
We’re digging into why quitting your job may be your next step when you are TTC.
Working on your mental health and reducing stress is a common recommendation when trying to conceive.
And sometimes this can be easier said than done. If you could reduce stress by yourself, you already would have done it.
A main source of stress can be the job. Whether it’s the high pressure, demanding schedule, long work hours, or constantly feeling on call.
Often we can stay in a job that we’ve outgrown because looking for a new job when we are TTC doesn’t make sense.
So how can our job better serve us while preparing for our baby? And how do we know when to hand in our resignation?
Samantha Coffin is part of my team at Fab Fertile. She is an integral part of our Couples Coaching program – which uses functional lab testing, diet, and lifestyle changes to dramatically improve conception. If you are struggling with infertility, your body is desperately trying to tell you something. Focusing on your health will either help you get pregnant naturally, or if you do need to go to the fertility clinic, it will improve your chances of success. Samm is a mindset and wellness coach.
Samm is a wellness and mindset coach supporting people's transitions from a life full of surviving to THRIVING! Samm herself lives with celiac, Lyme, endometriosis, and PCOS.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Patterns we see with couples that are TTC concerning work/life balance
- How would a baby fit into your life right now? We discuss tips to have you consider where you need to pull back
- How to visualize your life with your baby and make the necessary changes BEFORE they arrive, letting the universe know you are ready
03:38 WELCOME SAMANTHA COFFIN
04:50 INTRODUCING TODAY’S TOPIC
05:38 SACRIFICING YOURSELF FOR YOUR JOB
- For many of us, our work was our baby before we started on the fertility journey
- We see a lot of overachievers and many of them are sacrificing themselves for their job
7:44 CREATING BOUNDARIES AROUND YOUR TIME
- You don’t want to be working more than 50 hours per week
- Consider the quality versus quantity of hours worked
- The longest productive stretch most people can achieve is four hours.
- Working more hours doesn’t mean you’re contributing more.
10:04 MAKING TIME FOR MEALS
- Rushing your meals at your desk can cause a number of digestive and hormonal problems
- Skipping meals and eating at your desk leads to other poor eating habits
- When you don’t fuel your body properly, you’re adding stress
13:01 PRIORITIZING QUALITY TIME
- If you’re filling your evenings with work, you’re taking time away from your partnership.
14:40 GETTING QUALITY SLEEP
- Work is a common reason why sleep isn’t optimized.
15:33 GETTING ENOUGH WATER
- Staying hydrated is crucial for your fertility.
- You’d be surprised how much better you feel when you’re properly hydrated
17:23 MANAGING STRESS
- It’s so common for us to justify being constantly stressed
- Giving yourself permission to recognize that despite the benefits, your current job might not create the best situation for a child
25:08 MAKING TIME
- It’s important to notice when you’re not holding your boundaries.
27:25 TAKING THE FIRST STEPS
- Tweaks you can make to support your fertility journey
- Take a step back and figure out where you’re not supporting yourself
- Small steps can make a big difference
- Ways you can give yourself a natural pick-me-up
33:16 BUILDING THE FOUNDATION
- Start creating a life where your child will fit into your space
- Ask yourself, “Does your job support the lifestyle you require?”
- How you can utilize visualization on the fertility journey
42:09 REFRAMING YOUR CURRENT POSITION
- Finding gratitude around the job you currently have
42:57 FINAL THOUGHTS
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Tracking your hormones is essential but getting bloodwork each month can be time consuming and expensive.
I'm excited to introduce you to the Inito fertility monitor, an easy, at-home fertility tracker that gives accurate results, while cutting down on your time and expenses.
Inito not only tells you when you're the most fertile by measuring estrogen and LH but also confirms if you’ve actually ovulated by measuring progesterone.
If you’re ready to start tracking your fertility easily at home, go to Inito.com and use code FABFERTILE15 to save 15% on your fertility tracker.
Please note when promoting a product we only select products that either Sarah Clark or her team has tried and believe are beneficial for someone who is TTC. We may receive a small commission.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 346: How To Know If IVF Is Your Next Best Step
- Episode 364: Why This is My TOP Suggestion fFor Anyone On The Fertility Journey
Eating for your fertility does not have to suck. It's not about deprivation, it’s eating food that tastes amazing and nourishes your body as you prepare for pregnancy success.
Our Autumn Fertility Recipe Guide is ready for you! Grab your FREE copy at FertilityDietFreebie.com.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
This is a 5-day challenge where you’ll learn how food impacts your body. You won't be drinking green juice and starving. Start this challenge today with your partner.
Book your Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery call here with your partner
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9
Google Podcasts: https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9nZXRwcmVnbmFudC5saWJzeW4uY29tL3Jzcw%3D%3D