How To Successfully Navigate The Holiday Season While TTC
Nov 28, 2022
We’re digging into how to navigate the holiday season when we’re on the fertility journey.
The holiday season can be filled with triggers and well-meaning (but clueless people) asking, “When will you start a family?” or “Are you pregnant yet?”
How do we handle an invitation we don’t want to attend? Or what about the person that posts a steady stream of holiday pictures of their kids? Can we really unfollow them?
As we may know, stress is a sneaky thing. Sometimes it sneaks up on us. And next thing you know, you’re breaking down at the holiday party or telling the cashier your whole fertility journey.
So how do we navigate the season on our terms? With a plan that feels right for us.
Plus, what if hidden stressors were contributing to your hormonal imbalance that, once rectified, could increase your chances of pregnancy success?
In this episode, you'll learn:
- What to do about triggers, holiday party invitations, and feeling stuck in comparison. How to get honest about our stress so we can see a clear path forward to expanding our family.
- How to get out of flight or flight mode and move to rest and digest. Plus, how to know if you’re in burnout.
- Recognize your biochemical stressors (i.e. blood sugar, thyroid imbalance, food sensitivities, gut infections, etc.) that impact your neurotransmitters. When your hormones are out of balance, it can affect your mood, leading to anxiety/depression and less resilience. Strategies to help identify triggers so that you can begin to thrive.
- Pregnancy success stories to motivate you to know having a healthy baby is possible for you when you take a targeted approach.
03:45 INTRODUCING TODAY’S TOPIC
05:49 MENTAL & EMOTIONAL STRESS
- Bring awareness to the triggers that bring on unwanted emotions
- The mental and emotional stress of the fertility journey may be heightened during the holiday season
- Make a plan ahead of time for how you will handle triggers
- It can be devastating to have people ask if you’re pregnant when you’re trying but not yet successful
10:19 SUCCESS STORY: HASHIMOTO’S & MORE
- Our client got pregnant naturally following the Fab Fertile Method, despite many underlying issues, including endometriosis, Hashimoto’s, thyroidectomy, and more
- How we create a personalized approach specifically formulated for each client
- Why we take a mind-body-spirit approach
- Some of the different modalities and tools we utilize in the Fab Fertile Method
14:32 CHRONIC STRESS
- As the demands pile up, even small tasks become unmanageable
- It’s vital to recognize overwhelm and if you’re stuck in a sympathetic state
- It’s time to take two steps back to take a giant leap forward.
- You need to be in a rest and digest state for your body to be ready to receive your child
- Create space in your calendar and boundaries around your work
- Be mindful and choose the things that fill you up
20:12 SUCCESS STORY: MULTIPLE FAILED IVF CYCLES
- Our client is a busy professional who had three failed IVFs and two failed IUIs before coming to us
- She also had diminished ovarian reserve, low AMH, a high-stress job, and multiple food sensitivities
- We worked with her to develop a protocol that met her lifestyle needs while optimizing her body for pregnancy success, and within four months of our program, she got pregnant naturally
- The coaching aspect of the program is pivotal to success
- Having coping strategies in place is essential
25:38 BIOCHEMICAL STRESS
- Biochemical stress comes from many sources like environmental triggers, poor sleep, or blood sugar imbalance
- Lean into the intuitive and faith piece while addressing the underlying issues
- How you can navigate the food at holiday events
31:14 SUCCESS STORY: SECONDARY INFERTILITY
- There are always missed healing opportunities we need to address
- Our client had three failed IVFs before working with us, and several biochemical issues
- Through our personalized approach in the Fab Fertile Method, she was able to get pregnant with her next IVF cycle
33:21 YOUR PLAN FOR 2023
- Your body prioritizes survival, not procreation
- DIY approaches often waste time and money with generalized recommendations
- An action plan with targeted diet and lifestyle changes increases your chances of pregnancy success
- How you can get in touch to figure out if the Fab Fertile Method is right for you
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Mentioned in this episode
How To Improve Your Chances Of Pregnancy Success If You Have Low AMH/High FSH Masterclass - https://www.gpnmasterclass.com/
Prior to working with us, most couples have already been through IVF and failed cycles, been labeled a poor responder, and told they had better rush to another IVF or that donor eggs are their only hope.
I don’t want you to waste money on IVF without looking at the missed healing opportunities as to WHY it’s not working in the first place.
We’ve helped couples get pregnant naturally or improve pregnancy success when they’ve been told donor eggs are their only option. We’ve helped women get pregnant naturally with AMH as low as 0.04 and FSH in the 100s.
Learn how our proven Fab Fertile Method can help improve pregnancy success for YOU.
I’m excited to invite you to a special masterclass - where you’ll learn How To Improve Your Chances Of Pregnancy Success If You Have Low AMH/High FSH.
Register your spot here: www.gpnmasterclass.com
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 346: How To Know If IVF Is Your Next Best Step
Episode 375: Stop Making These Common Mistakes and Get Your 2023 Action Plan
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Leela Quantum Tech
Shield yourself from EMF nasties with Leela Quantum Tech!
LeelaQ Tech is leading the way in natural health innovation, combining science and quantum energy healing into an elegant and simple-to-use collection of products optimized for everyday use.
My favourite is their Leela Quantum H.E.A.L. Energy Capsule: https://leelaq.com/product/leela-quantum-h-e-a-l-capsule/
Learn more at https://leelaq.com/
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9