Top Stressors Impacting Your Fertility
Jan 15, 2024
We're digging into how to recognize and address top stressors impacting AMH/FSH.
We all know that life can be stressful, especially when we are TTC.
But how is the stress impacting our ability to conceive?
At Fab Fertile, our thesis is “Is it actually menopause, or is it your adrenals?”
I know the low AMH and/or high FSH diagnosis can lock into our subconscious.
It can make us feel even more stressed and unsure about a path forward.
Many of us have negatively hypnotized ourselves.
Which only leads to more worry and uncertainty about the future.
What if there were specific steps you could take right now to address overwhelm, worry, panic, plus hidden stressors that our doctor hasn’t told us about (but when addressed, can be the clue that shifts the needle toward pregnancy success)?
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How to address mental/emotional stress (we discuss how to manage setting work boundaries, toxic workplace, long hours (anything over 50 hrs/week), toxic relationships and how to strengthen the relationship with your partner
- How to know if we're in burnout (hint: how you begin your morning will give you a clue, plus one of our favourite tests)
- Why your conventional doctor will miss physiological stress and how to address this once and for all (and this matters for AMH, FSH and antral follicle count)
3:04 WHY YOU NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO THESE TOP STRESSORS
3:31 MENTAL/EMOTIONAL STRESS
- The fertility journey itself can be very stressful.
- Recognizing that working long hours in a job that’s not serving us can be harmful
- You need to set the stage now for when your baby arrives.
- Accessing support systems at work and through work plans
- It’s time to set healthy boundaries at work
- Dig deep into why you feel the need to engage in so many different things right now
- The fertility journey either brings you closer to your partner or can tear you apart
- Navigating difficult situations in friendships, such as baby showers and pregnancies
- Take a step back to assess where you need to shift your priorities and energy
- When you work on reducing stress, great things can happen.
- It’s not selfish to put yourself first.
17:03 CHRONIC STRESS
- Many people have been stressed for years before starting their fertility journey
- We see a lot of clients who have been dealing with autoimmune issues for years
- Emily Nagoski & Amelia Nagoski’s Book | Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle
- We’ve all been burned out at some point in our lives.
- When we’re constantly overwhelmed and frustrated, the body gets stuck in fight or flight
- Transitioning to a parasympathetic state so your body knows it’s safe to procreate
- Nourish your adrenals.
- Symptoms of adrenal dysfunction
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 390: Why Addressing These Little Glands Matters for Egg Health and Even POI
- Sometimes, we can reverse an early menopause diagnosis
- It's not about pushing your body with hormones. It's about working on your health.
- Sleep is the cornerstone of optimal health and fertility.
- Taking a targeted approach to optimizing your health
- Success Story: From poor egg quality, low AMH, and endometriosis to having a healthy baby boy
- Tap into the intuitive piece that knows it’s going to happen for you
27:13 BIOCHEMICAL STRESS
- Even seemingly healthy foods could be wreaking havoc on your body
- If you've got a leaky gut, your body will mount an immune response to your favourite foods.
- Your symptoms are a warning sign that something you’re eating isn’t agreeing with you
- The health of your gut affects your neurotransmitters
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 353: Why The Connection Between Food and Mood Matters When You Are TTC
- It’s time to do the elimination diet.
- Drinking alcohol regularly is not good for your fertility
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 25: How And Why To Do An Elimination Diet
- Fertility Preparation Bundle (US residents only) - use LAUNCH15 to save 15% - https://fabfertile.com/products/fertility-preparation-bundle
- You need to take a comprehensive and individualized approach to optimizing your fertility
- Get Pregnant Naturally | Episode 418Why Detoxes and Cleanses May Be Harming Your Fertility
- The Fab Fertile approach to improve your health and give you the best chance of pregnancy success
- If welcoming your child is your top priority, you need to make some changes
- A lot of people are focusing on the wrong markers.
- Developing a holistic approach to your fertility
- The importance of visualizing a positive path forward and taking control of one's health
- Success stories of individuals with very low AMH levels who successfully improved their fertility with the Fab Fertile Method
Fab Fertile Method - https://fabfertile.com/pages/what-we-do
Top Fertility Supplements You Need To Get Pregnant This Year - Access your free guide at www.suppguideffl.com
I get this question all the time: Where should I start to optimize pregnancy success?
I developed the Fertility Preparation Bundle https://fabfertile.com/products/fertility-preparation-bundle so that you can quickly figure out how food impacts your health AND fertility (plus you'll also get three (3) of our most popular fertility supplements that will optimize egg health).
This 10-day plan is to figure out exactly how food is impacting your fertility. And no, you will not be drinking green juice and starving.
It’s GENUINELY what we recommend to our clients to help improve pregnancy success (especially if you have low AMH/high FSH).
Get started here https://fabfertile.com/products/fertility-preparation-bundle and use code LAUNCH15 to save 15% (US residents only).
Eating for your fertility does not have to suck and it is not about deprivation. It’s about eating food that tastes amazing and nourishes your body as you prepare for pregnancy success.
I’m excited to announce that our Winter Fertility Recipe Guide is ready! I worked with a chef/nutrition background to prepare these summer recipes. In this 5-day challenge you’ll learn how food impacts your body while enjoying delicious meals - no you will not be drinking green juice and starving! Start this challenge today with your partner.
Your free guide includes a meal plan, grocery shopping list and everything you need to get started with nourishing foods that improve your chances of pregnancy success.
Get Pregnant Naturally | Related Episodes
- Episode 407: The Ultimate Diet For Egg And Sperm Health
- Episode 389: Want to get pregnant this year?
Join my FREE Facebook group and get my training on How To Improve Pregnancy Success With Your Own Eggs.
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.
LEAVE APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-pregnant-naturally/id1329414094
SHARE: Spread the word! Tell someone else about the show!
HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW!
Love the show? You’ll really love Sarah’s resources page - filled with handpicked products/books/devices - get exclusive discounts and support the show by making purchases.
Find all our resources here: https://fabfertile.com/pages/resources
When we link to products, those links may be affiliate links. If you click on any of those affiliate links, we’ll earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers at no cost to you.
We’re careful to link to the products and retailers we use and recommend. Money earned keeps Fab Fertile Inc. running and allows us to do what we love for a living. Thank you for your support.
Listen to Get Pregnant Naturally on your favourite app or by clicking one of the buttons below.
Be sure to HIT the Follow or Subscribe button, so you never miss an episode!
Apple Podcasts: http://apple.co/2CfHEX9